Monday, June 11, 2018

So Many Possibilities!

I don't know about you, but I spend my Sunday afternoons drinking coffee and deciding what kind of quilt I want to make this week. I choose simple quilts, partly because I'm new at this stuff, but also because I really, really need a sense of accomplishment by the end of the week. My other "job" is writing novels, and, as much as I hate to say it, I just can't finish a novel every week. So I turn to quilting to get my 'finished' vibe.

This week, as it turns out, is a pretty hard decision. I have loads of gorgeous fabric! I have apparently been collecting teals and blues to the point that my sewing room looks a lot like the ocean. I have a Lily & Loom layer cake for two kid quilts in purple and pink, but I'm just not feeling those candy colors this week. Also, thanks to Joann Fabrics BOGO sale last week, I have two new jelly rolls to play with. Sigh. Life is good.


I'm still fascinated with jelly roll strips, and I love the symmetry of coin quilts. So I picked out these:


and these:



I have a pattern in mind, something like a mix between a coin quilt and window squares, but I'm not going to bother posting it today because I know - FOR A FACT - that I will change my mind sometime during the piecing process. It's happened every single time I try to follow a pattern.

Do you follow patterns or make it up as you go along? Maybe a mixture of both?

No comments:

Post a Comment