Sunday, June 17, 2018

Slow Sewing Week

Granny D here.  It's been a slow sewing week for me.  To much real world stuff to do and I don't like it one bit.

If you'll remember, Monday, I had a beautiful blue and yellow bag prepared to sew.  Remember, I was trying to decide whether to make the back blue or yellow.  I ended up going with blue.








Well, I did manage to get this one completed.  And it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.  And I love the little daisy button I found.

But take a look at what I put together just yesterday.  I'm calling this a picnic purse and the body can be made out of a 10" square, well two 10" squares.  I've got some great ideas for that.  It's just big enough for car keys, lipstick and your cell phone.  Maybe some tissues and breath mints.  You know, those essentials you'd take on a picnic.  There are pockets inside and a magnetic closure just inside the top to keep everything safe.  (I learned a lesson about those little guys I'll share with you later.) The strap is long so it can be worn across your body.  Or tuck it down inside if you like and use it as a little clutch.



I think, the first time I saw a picture of this purse, was in a magazine around Christmas time.  They were calling it a party purse.  And, with the right fabric and glittery embellishments this would be the perfect little purse to take to a party.  Of course, I set about making my own pattern but this is the first time I've played with it at all.

So, tell me.  Do you prefer big bags to carry everywhere?  Or do you think, every once in a while, it's nice to just take the bare necessities in a small bag whether it's a picnic or a party?

No comments:

Post a Comment