Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Knitting Begins (Well...Toddles)

So, there I was, wandering around the Salvation Army.

My mom (Nanners) wanted to come and look at some of the fabric options, because she had just started quilting. I came along because I needed to go to the grocery store anyway. Tater Tot and Small Fry were wandering around looking at all of the cool things, trying to figure out why they weren't allowed to touch any of it.

I moved a little ways away from my mom, following Tater Tot to another section of toys. I glanced down and low and behold! There are crochet needles, and that's when I decide. Standing there staring at a shelf full of yarn, and a couple pairs of crochet needs, I made up my mind. I am going to learn to crochet.

I pay for all my goods (and a few toys for Tater Tot and Small Fry) and run my other errands. I get home and I am really excited to learn this new craft. I'm looking at crochet videos, and starting to notice something...

All of these crochet needles...have a hook on the ends. I don't have hooks on the end of my needles. They are straight and all kinds of pointy.

*sigh* I have knitting needles. Is that better, or is it worse?

So, I start looking at knitting videos instead, and this doesn't look too bad. So I have decided to start knitting!

Here are my needles & some yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment